Worked perfectly in my modelling chocolate.
Great for making hard candy. I recently got interested in making toffee, caramels, lollipops etc and needed corn syrup for the recipes i was using, this i found very difficult to buy in shops so got it from amazon. It’s a great product and i highly recommend it.
Bigger than i expected but gonna have so much fun making modlling choclate long best before date. Alot bigger than i expected but gonna have so much fun making modlling choclate long best before date. Here are the specifications for the Karo Light Corn Syrup 1 Pint:
- Provides a mild sweetness ideal for jams
- Flavoured with pure vanilla and will keep for an indefinite period of time after being opened
- Dishes that benefit from a dark, rich colour and sweetness, like pecan pie, are best prepared with dark karo syrup
I used this corn syrup in my ice cream recipes but i found that i had to use an awful lot to require the sweetness for my ice cream. Not too impressed and will not purchase again.
I wasnt a hundred percent certain about this, before i bought it, but the gluten free book that i had recently bought, and also an american cook book too, that i had purchased. . Both used this item in their baking. And was pleasantly surprised how nice it has worked. . So if your a sceptic about this like i was. Then dont wiorry , try it for yourself and see, this is a good price too, so its a no brainer as far as i can see.
Reviews from purchasers :
- chocolate plastic not chocolate crumbs
- Fantastic when making gelato Turns your gelato smooth And ready
- Jelly sweets can now be made.
Really a wonderful product, used this to make a frozen cake for granddaughter birthday and used this product to create ice pond and chards of ice.
V good taste as i was looking high and low for corn syrup. I used it in my fondant over glucose and its taste fantastic.