This product produced a great gold colour (when sprayed on to white icing). The immediate taste of it however was not pleasant but the gold parts of the cake i made were extra bits of icing. After the product settled on the icing, it did not taste so bad. The purpose of me using this icing was so the cake was not dangerous to eat (hence using edible spray) and still looked great for a gold effect so i can give the spray 4/5.
Ok but be careful of splodges when using. Nice product bit fiddly to use at first , i know you can fit a spray attachement to can this would probably be a good idea.
Here are the specifications for the PME Edible Lustre Spray 100 ml:
- Edible gold lustre which can be sprayed directly onto sugarpaste, gum paste, chocolate, icings and much more
- Spray lightly and evenly over desired area, adding layer by layer for a more intense finish
- Capacity 100 ml (3 ⅜ oz.) which will cover approx. 6 x 23 cm (9 in) cakes or 125 cupcakes depending on the intensity of colour desired
- Spray a thin and uniform layer from a distance of approximately 15 – 20 cm (6 – 8 in)
- Available in a wide range of colours all with a wonderful aroma of vanilla
A pricey item, but essentially worth it. I used this one to spray sugar roses (handmade by myself). This was ideal for achieving the silver colour. I’ve tried many diffent techniques but this is the best. I still have about 1/2 can remaining for future use.
Beautiful but is not pearl its silver however gorgeous as dc ilver. I dprayed my cookie trees after icing. Painted metallic gold on tips and top was beautiful. It does not last thoigh runs out very quickly i did three trees all put together i jist manged to cover the third tree and they werent massive. Bit expensive for doing so little but is gorgeous. Would rrcommend to spray fondant flowers eyc as doesnt mass cover much.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Cake looked fantastic
- Best Buy. I highly recommend this
- It spray evenly and is a really nice sparkly silver not a tacky shiny one
Yes i used it for mad max themed fun and household pranks. Yes i used it for mad max themed fun and household pranks. It’s a convenient can size with a long lasting result which dries quickly and consistently,it does smell (pleasantly) a bit and has an odd taste so try to avoid thick layers and leave the applied lustre on for a couple of minutes before display as to not make it obvious that it’s a spray on. It’s fairly resilient, i re-sprayed my colleague’s car trim with it and it lasted a long drive before he noticed. It’s also good for preparing yourself to ride shiny and chrome through the gates of valhalla.
Buy this and i myself will carry you to the gates of valhalla. You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome.